Friday, April 29, 2011

Money, Money, Money....and adoption

So much of the decision to adopt, our discussion about adoption and the process of adoption are about money, aren't they?  Drives me bonkers, but it is what it is.

Thankfully, there are seasoned adoptive families who are talking about it.  One of them is Julie Gumm, author of the soon-to-be-released book Adopt Without Debt.  She was interviewed last night on the Momcast Podcast and it was a great episode!  As soon as the archive is posted, I will link it here.

Then this morning I woke up to see this post by one of my favorite bloggers at Rage Against the Minivan called Why Does Adoption Cost So Much? (and why we didn't just send that money to Haiti).  I love her openness about their expenses as well as her perspective on the whole subject.

I'm getting ready to host a Yard Sale and Silent Auction here at our little house at the end of May to help a couple of local families who are adopting and I hope to come back here and tell you all of the good, bad, and ugly of how it goes.  Wish me luck!

Do you have any brilliant fundraising ideas?  I'd love to hear them!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment