Friday, April 29, 2011

Kindred Spirit

It's not often that I unleash my inner Anne of Green Gables and say that I've found a Kindred Spirit, and even less often that I would say so about someone I don't even know...someone out in the world wide blogosphere.  But there is one out there and her name is Chantelle.  Post after post after post that she writes, I find my own feelings, struggles and passions written in the most compelling, beautiful ways.  I want to be her if I ever grow up.

I don't know how in the world I first found her, but I remember vividly the first time that she shook me to the core of my being.  It was in a video where she in a very simple, brief way cut painfully through a lie that I had believed about the world without ever knowing it.  That lie or set of lies I should say, was about HIV/AIDS.  You name the lie about that disease, and I probably held it as a dogma.....but it was dogma from the Pit. And it shames and angers me every time I think about it.  I'm so thankful that God used her to defeat the Enemy's hold on that portion of my mind.

This is my shout-out to a woman who changes lives:  Thank you, Chantelle!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jennifer!! I expected people might write about my blog (I want to get the word out about positive adoption), but never expected sweet words like that about me personally! I don't think anyone's ever posted anything so kind about me and I've got tears in my eyes. (((hug))) Thank you for blessing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that was what you meant ;-) But I really mean it; you've had a profound impact on me and I was excited to have the chance to say so. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete